We want your child to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay at Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital, while still maintaining a secure environment. Please review the lists below to learn about the items you should pack for your child’s stay and the items that should be left at home.
We will provide hygiene supplies (toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.) for your child. If your child brings something that the treatment team believes is not safe for the unit, they will contact you and ask that you take it home.
ITEMS TO BRING TO THE HOSPITAL
- Comfortable clothing
ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME
- Clothing with drawstrings (hooded sweatshirts, sweat pants, jackets)
- Electronics (cell phones, MP3 players, tablets, laptops, video games)
- Valuables (jewelry, expensive shoes or clothing, purses or backpacks, money)
- Make-up, nail polish, perfume products containing alcohol
- Sharp objects, razors, metal objects, tweezers, files or clippers
Take the First Step
Call 773-265-3700 if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency. We are available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and provide no-cost, confidential assessments. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room right away.