Inpatient Care for At-Risk Adolescents
The Worthy Program is an acute inpatient program at Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital for adolescents who are at risk of being sex trafficked or have experienced it. This specialized program provides an accepting, judgement-free environment to help young patients heal from psychological traumas related to sex-trafficking.
The Worthy Program is the first known program to address the acute mental health needs of commercially exploited youth in an inpatient psychiatric setting. The Worthy Program utilizes a trauma-informed care approach to meet the complex needs of youth in a secure environment.
COMPONENTS OF WORTHY PROGRAMS
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Psychological evaluation if needed
- Medical evaluation (STD screening)
- Assigned social worker
- Sex trafficking screening tool
- Well-being assessment tool
- Individual and family therapy
- Discharge planning
WARNING SIGNS OF AT-RISK YOUTH
- Dating an older person
- Chronic runaway
- Material items he or she cannot afford
- Large amounts of money
- Hotel keys or cards
- Prepaid phones
- Sexually explicit photos or videos posted on social media sites
- History of STDs or multiple pregnancies
Take the First Step
Call 773-265-3700 if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency. We are available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and provide no-cost, confidential assessments. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room right away.