Inpatient Psychiatric Care for Adolescents
The inpatient adolescent program at Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital provides intensive care to teens ages 12 to 17 who suffer from acute symptoms of a psychiatric or substance use issue. Our treatment approach utilizes positive reinforcement to build self-esteem, increase healthy behaviors, address limit setting and improve self-discipline.
Adolescents in this program learn to take responsibility for their behaviors and decision making. Through a focus on emotional regulation, promoting safety and relationship building, we strive to help patients return home or transition to a less intensive level of care as quickly as possible.
COMPONENTS OF INPATIENT PEDIATRIC PROGRAM
- Individual, group and family psychotherapy
- Trauma-informed care
- Expressive and activity therapies
- Social work services including coordination of care and discharge planning
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individualized mental health treatment planning and weekly multidisciplinary staffings
- Fully accredited educational programming and coordination with schools
Take the First Step
Call 773-265-3700 if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency. We are available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and provide no-cost, confidential assessments. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room right away.