Psychiatric PHP for Children
Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital provides a partial hospitalization program (PHP) for school-age children who may benefit from therapeutic behavioral health services but do not need 24-hour monitoring. This program is intended to help patients strengthen their coping skills and develop effective strategies for navigating daily life.
Our child psychiatric PHP is provided Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Many patients transition to this program to continue their progress after completing our more intensive inpatient program.
COMPONENTS OF CHILD PSYCHIATRIC PHP
- Group psychotherapy
- Fully accredited educational programming and coordination with schools
- Expressive and activity therapies
- Social work services including coordination of care and discharge planning
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individualized treatment planning
- Family and individual psychotherapy as needed
Take the First Step
Call 773-265-3700 if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency. We are available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and provide no-cost, confidential assessments. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room right away.