Psychiatric Inpatient Care
Garfield Park Behavioral Hospital provides an acute inpatient pediatric program for children ages 3 to 11 with behavioral or emotional issues so severe they require 24-hour care. Our pediatric unit is a nurturing environment in which our youngest patients can build character, develop effective coping mechanisms and identify their own problem behaviors.
The pediatric treatment team utilizes art, movement and play therapy to encourage positive decision making and teach age-appropriate social skills and feelings management. For continued progress after an inpatient program, patients are encouraged to step down to our less intensive partial hospitalization program.
COMPONENTS OF INPATIENT PEDIATRIC PROGRAM
- Individual, group and family psychotherapy
- Trauma-informed care
- Expressive and activity therapies
- Social work services including coordination of care and discharge planning
- Medication evaluation and management
- Individualized treatment planning and weekly multidisciplinary staffings
- Fully accredited educational programming and coordination with schools
Take the First Step
Call 773-265-3700 if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency. We are available 24/7 to discuss treatment options and provide no-cost, confidential assessments. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries.
In case of emergency, please dial 911 or seek the nearest emergency room right away.